Based on the work of Maura Silverman at the Triangle Aphasia Project, the CAST Program focuses on building a team to provide a comprehensive rehabilitation approach that includes speech therapy techniques, expanded communication opportunities, and a network of support.
Each program is personalized and may include a combination of the following components:
- Evaluation of language and communication skills
- Determination of personalized goals
- Personalized speech-language therapy services
- Structured and unstructured group activities at the Aphasia Center of Tucson
- Development of a support team (family members, friends, community groups)
- Facilitated community activities
We successfully piloted the program in the Summer of 2017 with the help of NAU graduate student, Courtney Brimm. We plan to fully initiate the program once the required resources are in place.